Thursday, July 10, 2008

Where Does the Time Go?

Today has been a busy day. I had to mow the lawn. I wanted to get it done before they came to collect the trash since I put the grass clippings into the garden recyclable trash. I couldn't mow the lawn right away, because I didn't have enough gas for the lawnmower. So I had to drag my son out to the gas station. He didn't want to go because he wanted to play video games (I don't like having video games in the house, but it's not really my choice).

At the gas station my son saw his friend and then us moms started talking and it ended up being about half an hour before I left the gas station!

I just mowed the lawn a week ago, but still it grew so much that the bag was full every 5 minutes. So I kept having to stop and empty the bag. Then I had to stop because my son scrapped his toe while riding his bike and he tore the skin off. Ouch!

When the lawn was finally done, I helped my son with his reading and then it was already lunch time! I still had to take care of the dishes, the laundry, the vacuuming and run to the grocery store before picking up my other son at preschool by 2:30! Somehow I managed.

Then when the kids were both home, I made the mistake of saying "no more TV and no more video games. Find a game to play." I think my kids heard something different, perhaps, "See if you can make more noise than the TV by running around screaming and tackling each other until I can't stand it anymore and I will eventually beg you to sit and watch TV again."

The only good thing was that I didn't have to make dinner! After I went outside and helped them ride bikes (the younger one has quite a few scrapes on his knees) we went to the concert in the park. Tonight was country blues night, not my kind of music, but you can't complain about a free concert with great weather and a picnic where you don't have to cook! We stopped by McDonald's on the way and I had the vegetarian dish at the concert. We met some friends there and the kids had fun rolling down the hill and playing on the playground.

Finally the day is done and I go to bed... or maybe have some ice cream first!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yikes! I don't do lawn mowing...but I hear you about the business of day to day life. Hope you have a lovely weekend.
Pax, E

Michelle said...

I'm pretty sure that after that day, you need some ice cream. Preferrably some really indulgent ice cream :)