Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I'm back

I'm back from the "vacation." It's late and I'm tired.
We've been up since a little before 6am Virginia time (that's 3am Seattle time). We caught our flight to Minneapolis. Then we sat on the runway for over an hour and missed our flight to Seattle. We rushed off the plane and ran to the next terminal. The skywalk was still connecting the gate to the plane and we could see the door was open from the gate, but the man at the counter said the door to the plane was already closed. We got there just in time to watch the plane leave without us :(
That meant we had time for lunch! The kids ate Burger King chicken nuggets (again) and I got some soup from California Pizza Kitchen. Oh, and I forgot to mention that I charged my cell phone last night. There were no outlets in my sister's room where I was sleeping, so I plugged it in by the end table in the living room. So it was easy to forget this morning. Yup, I'm in Seattle and my cell phone is in Virginia and I missed the flight to Seattle where my husband planned to pick up me and the kids. Luckily there was a very nice man in the airport who overheard me at the counter and offered his cell phone. He was visiting some grandchildren in the Seattle area. (Thank you again!)
So that's enough excitement for one day.
Time to go to bed!

No comments: