Thursday, October 29, 2009

From The Backseat

I was driving the kids to soccer the other day. It's already dark here at 6 pm but the field is lit. This is the conversation I heard coming from the backseat:


7 year old big brother: I can see a planet in the sky.

5 year old little brother: Where?! I want to see it too.

Big bro: Oh, too late. It already moved.

Little bro: I can see the moon.

Big bro: Where? I don't see it.

Little bro: Oh, too late. It already moved.


We had a very busy solar system that night.

13 comments:

TALON said...

lol! That really brought back some back-seat memories of when my three were little (and of many conversations with my own brothers and sisters so many, many moons ago)! Thanks for the laugh!

Gin said...

I can see Mars! Oh, no, too late! It already moved! Ha, ha!

Heidi said...

Of course they moved. Don't they always move in the blink of an eye or when a seven year old says they move?

Lynn said...

That's thinking pretty fast on his feet for the little one. :)

Maude Lynn said...

Pay back!

Joyce-Anne said...

I think I've heard a similiar converstaion from my back seat.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh how I love your 5 yr old, Cookie. He's as smart as a whip!!!! He's not going to let the 7 yr. older get the best of him, is he?????? What a cutie.
Hugs,
Betsy

Momisodes said...

ROFL! That is awesome.
Oh you have to love the sibling rivalry :)

Michelle said...

Those are some smart (and devious) little cookies there... pun only slightly intended ;)

betty said...

LOL! I think Nasa might want to get a hold of these 2 young men of yours! I think they have the ability to re-align planets and the moon :)

how cute :)

betty

girlytwins said...

LOL!! So funny.

Anonymous said...

Too cute!

MaBunny said...

hehe how cute!