Thursday, January 1, 2009

Let's Try This Again

Happy New Year! Again. Yes, I know I wrote that yesterday, but it didn't work. So I'm trying it again.

Last night I got a call from my parents. My youngest sister was admitted to the hospital yesterday. She was diagnosed with diabetes this week and had some kind of complication. I talked to my sister and she said she is feeling fine. I think she is not telling me something. I'm sure doctors don't just keep you at the hospital for the fun of it.

This morning I woke up and got dressed. When I sat down at the table for lunch, I realized that I was missing an earring. An earring given to me by my mother-in-law. A somewhat expensive earring from Japan. I hadn't worn it in a while and I thought what better day than New Year's to wear something nice. Now it's gone. I've searched on and off all day. I think I may have dropped it down the bathroom sink.

I talked to another sister today. Her husband's aunt died yesterday. At age 38. Very sad.

So much for Happy New Year.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

so much bad news at once--I hate those days. I hope you find the earring--I've lost jewelry that means a lot to me, and it's the worst.

Michelle said...

Ouch! That's definitely not a way to start the year. At least it can only go up from here, I hope. Best of luck to your sister -- and to you in finding your earring!

girlytwins said...

That's definitely not a good start to the year. I hope things are better for your sister.

Sorry to hear about your earring too. What a bummer. I hate losing jewelry.