Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Help! I'm Blond!

My 6 year old son climbed into my bed just as my alarm clock was going off. He was crying and told me that he had a bad dream. So I snuggled with him for a few minutes to comfort him. He started playing with my hair and pulled it over his eyes. He leaned his face toward me and said, "Help! I'm blond!" I chuckled a little. My husband says I have blond hair but it's really a very dark blond. Then my son continued to say, "Help! I'm blond! I can't see!"

I figured out that he was confusing "blond" and "blind" (an easy mistake). So the difference between "blond" and "blind" was the first lesson of today.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

That's so cute! I'm always having to explain the meaning of words to my kids, too.

girlytwins said...

Very funny. He didn't even realize that he made an actual blonde joke :)

Unknown said...

oh, so cute! Kids say the funniest things!!