Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Good Morning

This morning I didn't want to get out of bed. I was up a little late watching football. I love football! Although, I'm not happy that Denver won, I am happy to see Oakland lose!

When I finally dragged myself out of bed this morning, I got the kids their clothes and they started getting dressed. I'm just about to get myself dressed when I hear my 4 year old calling "mommmmm" from the bathroom. I'm sure you already know that when your kid is calling "mommmmm" from the bathroom, that it can't be good.

I went into the bathroom to find my 4 year standing there with his underwear dripping wet around his ankles. I asked what happened and pointed to the toilet. I'm fairly certain that the toilet did not pee on him so I ask again, "what happened?" This time he pointed to the toilet and said that his older brother had left the seat up. Something still doesn't make sense. Did you sit down without the seat and fall in? I'm still trying to figure out what happened, but I didn't want him to keep standing there with wet underwear around his ankles. So I cleaned him up and sent him to use another bathroom since he said that hadn't finished going yet. I wiped up the floor enough so that the kids could brush their teeth without stepping in anything. Then I got myself dressed and met them downstairs for breakfast.

I decided to try again to solve the mystery of the bathroom "accident." I asked my four year old, "what happened in the bathroom?"

Four year old: My brother left the seat up.

Me: Did you try to sit down and you got wet?

Four year old: no.

Me: Did you try to stand up like your brother?

Four year old: Yes.

Me: Ohhhhh. So you weren't big enough yet and you peed all over yourself?

Four year old: No, I stood up to go to the bathroom.

Me: (Knowing this conversation could go on for days, I try to end it fast) Honey, I don't think you are big enough to stand up yet. Make sure you sit down next time, OK?

Four year old: (clearly ignoring me) Uh-huh

So that went well... It's a good thing that I just cleaned the floor int he bathroom yesterday. I hadn't even put back the mats yet.

So that's how my day started. I got to scrub the bathroom floor less than 24 hours after I last scrubbed it. Good morning!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Boys and bathrooms--ugh! I need to wipe down the toilet in the downstairs bathroom every day.

girlytwins said...

Bathroom antics are not any kind of fun. And you still don't know what actually happened right? LOL