Friday, August 1, 2008

Day 1

Today was the first full day of my husband's trip aka my first full day home alone with the kids. I didn't have any plans. I knew I didn't want to stay home. The kids just end up getting into trouble when we stay home.

Last year, I took the kids to a chocolate factory about 30 minutes away. They give tours (with samples) in the summer. My kids have been asking to go back ever since, so today we went back. We had an early lunch and got in the car. About 10 minutes into the car ride, I got off the highway and had to separate the kids (good thing we have minivan with 2 backseats!). This was not a good start to the trip. We were a little late for the tour, but the tour guide was also a little late, so it worked out. The tour was interesting, and we bought some souvenirs in the gift shop. Sorry, but their gone already.

Then we stopped by Krispy Kreme. There was one in the same town as the chocolate factory, but there's not one close to our house. Donuts are my absolute favorite treat! So this was more for me than for kids :)

By the time we came home, I was exhausted! Earlier I had planned to go to the concert in the park after dinner, but I didn't have enough energy left. The kids completely wore me out today. So we made pizza for dinner then we walked down to the video store to return a game. It was still light when we got back. The kids wanted to play outside, so we did some hopscotch. Then we called my husband in India. His trip was good and he was still jet lagged. Hopefully we'll be able to talk to him again tomorrow. I'm not sure what the schedule will be when he has to go to the office on Monday.

Now I'm ready for bed. I have no idea what I'm going to do for the next 8 days. Any volunteers to babysit? Bueller?

No comments: