Monday, June 2, 2008

What's Wrong with my Baby?!

Sorry I haven't been posting for a while. The in laws just left this weekend and I'm just starting to get back to "normal." The kids (and maybe us grown ups too) got so spoiled the last week. You know what they say, it takes two weeks to undo each week spent with the grandparents! My 4 year old was especially whiney and bossy today. I guess he liked being the center of attention all last week. He yelled at me for not bringing the car to the bus stop! And that was how my morning started...

I have a funny story to share about my sister. She lives in Michigan and is 2 years younger than me. Even though we're thousands of miles apart, we're still as close as ever. Her son is just over a year old. Last week he was sitting is his high chair eating dinner when all of a sudden his eyes rolled back in his head and he fell face down on the tray. My sister panicked and called 911. An ambulance came and rushed them to the hospital. The baby had woken up but they thought he had a seizure.

At the hospital they did some tests to see what was wrong and why he had a seizure. But all the tests came back normal. After a few hours one doctor came to my sister and told her the bad news. The baby had fallen asleep at the table. She panicked because her baby fell asleep at the table! Yes, that's what happens when you become a mom, you panic and think the worst of things. I'm not sure which is funnier, that she had to call an ambulance because the baby fell asleep or that the baby was so lazy that he fell asleep eating his dinner! Just glad it wasn't me or my baby because you know I may jump to conclusions at times too ;) Remember that time my son had mad cow disease?!

7 comments:

Threeundertwo said...

My son used to fall asleep in his high chair all the time! Some kids just do that when they're fed I think.

Thank you for your kind words on my blog. I'm enjoying yours.

Elizabeth said...

I have video and still photos of my little ones asleep in their meal. Ususally the process is slower...I might have over reacted too!
Good luck getting "back to normal"!!! AS IF.
God bless, EJT

Kellan said...

What a funny story - I laughed out loud - too funny!!! I can just see that baby falling to sleep and falling over at his high-chair - ACK! And your mad cow disease - I am still giggling over that!!

Thanks for coming by - nice to see you. Hope to see you again soon - Kellan

Michelle said...

Uhhh not only has Mister Man fallen asleep in his high chair, but I have pictures of it because it cracked me up. Pictures from many, many days.

Little Miss on the other hand was always too nosy and worried about what was going on around her to fall asleep no matter how tired she was.

Glad nothing was wrong with the little guy! And poor mom!

A Mom Two Boys said...

Oh...your poor sister! How scary. Neither of my boys would EVER fall asleep while eating. But my nephew does it all the time.

Having said that, if I were you, I'd totally be making fun of my sister for YEARS to come. :0)

Welcome to AllMediocre!

imbeingheldhostage said...

Once after a stop to the ER, a very caring doctor that there was nothing wrong with my child, he was just tired and that I should take him home and let him sleep. He was right! Nothing like being a Mom, is there!

girlytwins said...

LOL!!! This is too funny. I have seen pics of kids asleep in their high chairs and always wondered either what the parents did to their kids to make them that sleepy or what they were feeding them so I could RUN out and buy some too. Haha your poor sister.