Saturday, December 27, 2008

A New Do

I finally got out of the house today. The roads in my neighborhood were awful. The car skidded all the way down the hill. But once we got out, the rest of the roads weren't too bad.

Where did I go after being stuck at home for a week? I went to the library. The kids were happy to get some new books. In fact they didn't want to stop reading one book when it was bed time. Or maybe they just didn't want to go to bed...

I also went to get my hair cut. I got about 4 inches cut off, so it's pretty noticeable. When I came home, my husband looked at it and said, "do you like it?" That's not exactly the reaction I had expected. When a woman does something different when her hair, she expects her significant other to say something like, "Wow! How can you continue to look even more beautiful all the time?" Ok, maybe that's stretching things a little. But still, my husband's comment didn't exactly make me feel good. But I guess after being married for 12 years, my husband has learned to make sure that I am happy with the change before he comments, like a wise old bird.

3 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

Men! I think that I would have to shave my head before my husband noticed a new do!

Fire Hunt said...

I would would have not talked to hubby if he said that...lol

Michelle said...

I was just going to say that it sounded like he's learned the hard way to not comment on how great a bad haircut is (and men don't know a good one from a bad one). Glad you finally got out of the house -- and back into it!