Monday, December 1, 2008

It's Not a Holiday Until Somebody Gets Sick!

I had barely put away Thanksgiving dishes. I still have some leftover stuffing and cranberry sauce in the fridge. My 4 year gets a fever of 102.7! Yikes! I give him some Motrin and ask what hurts. He points to his throat and tells me, "my neck hurts."

Poor baby. My heart breaks to see him to sick. But being that it's the Saturday after Thanksgiving, no doctor's offices are open. His fever goes down and he sleeps through the night.

Sunday morning his fever is 99.5. I think he's getting better. He's up and playing like normal. I take his temperature after lunch. It's back up to 99.7. So he's not really getting better. He's also started to say that his neck hurts again.

I take him to the clinic that's open on Sundays. Yup, he has strept throat. He's now on antibiotics for 10 days. And all I can do is wait for my 6 year to get sick. It just wouldn't' be an official holiday if no one got sick :(

4 comments:

Honey Mommy said...

Oh no! Strep throat!

We always seem to get sick in January... I guess at least we make it though the holidays intact!

Hope he feels better soon!

Maude Lynn said...

Oh, no!

Here it's a stomach bug. Because the kindergarten Christmas program is this week. Of course.

Michelle said...

Oh bummer! Poor kiddo. At least the cranberry is soft and easy on his throat when going down ;) We've been so lucky to miss out on strep so far. I know it's coming though. Here's hoping this is the only sickness of the holidays for you!

Fire Hunt said...

One of my boys just had strept throat if is not fun.I Hope he feels better soon!