Ok, so most of you may have heard that Seattle is getting a record breaking heat wave this week. Today was over 100 degrees. We don't have air conditioning. We have only 2 fans in our house. We stopped by a few stores to by fans for the kids rooms today. Every store is sold out. We're dying. Today was the hottest day ever for Seattle. I saw on TV last night that Seattle was hotter than Miami, hotter than Phoenix, hotter than Houston, even hotter than hell. Ok, maybe they didn't say that. I think the only city that was hotter was Vegas.
I've been busy this week trying to come up with things to do to keep the kids cool. Today we went to the science center. We spent the whole day in the nicely air conditioned buildings watching IMAX movies and looking at bugs. Yesterday we went to the movies and then to a water park in the afternoon. On Monday we went to the beach. Tomorrow is still supposed to reach 90 something. I thought about going bowling, but that would only last an hour. Maybe see another movie... again... So I started to come up with this list:
You know it's hot when:
1. You think spending an afternoon in the nicely air conditioned ER might not be such a bad idea.
2. The string cheese that you packed for the kids snack has liquefied (Yuck!).
3. The stores have sold out of window fans.
4. The stores have sold out window air conditioners.
5. The stores are still packed with people even though there is nothing left to buy because the stores themselves are air conditioned.
6. A root canal is starting to sound good because then you could lay down for a few hours in the air conditioned office.
7. It might finally be time to join an air conditioned gym.
8. Your house is 90 degrees inside and that's still cooler than the outside temperature of 100.
9. You stick your feet in the tub while giving your kids a bath to help them cool down.
10. After taking a shower you go to put on your lotion as you usually do but this time when you squeeze some into your hands, it's warm.
11. Adults actually go in the water sprinklers at the water spray park.
Hope you're staying cool!