Monday, July 27, 2009

Too Hot

Sorry, I tried to post a nice blog entry with pictures from our trip this weekend, but my computer gave up. It's just too hot! It was in the 90's today. I know most of you are saying, "It's July! So what?!" But see in Seattle, it doesn't get that hot normally. We're spoiled here with summer highs of 81. Really. I think I've worn shorts twice so far this summer. And this weekend at the beach I was wearing pants and a sweatshirt and still shivering.
So today was extremely hot. And since it doesn't normally get this hot, we don't have air conditioning. This afternoon the inside of my house was 88 degrees. 88! That is crazy! I took the kids out shopping thinking that the store's AC would cool us off. The store wasn't air conditioned. We left pretty quick. The kids had swimming lessons, so they cooled off. Then we went out to dinner.
They just went to bed all nice and sweaty. It's still 85 inside the house. So my exciting post about my trip to Ft. Flagler state park will have to wait till tomorrow. I know, you just can't wait! ;)

7 comments:

TALON said...

Looking forward to the post and I'm sorry you're sweating it out. When you're not used to heat, it can be completely exhausting. We haven't had to put on our central air this summer (unusual because usually we're in the 90's with horrible humidity) and I've loved the cool. Unfortunately, we haven't had any sunshine either. I guess the weather is crazy all over the place!

betty said...

that is hot when you aren't use to it and aren't prepared for it with air conditioning! can only hope it cools down for you.....

betty

Cookie said...

I'm from the Northeast. I grew up with hot sticky summers. I've only lived in Seattle for 3 years. I'm used to the heat, but I'm also used to AC!

girlytwins said...

I wold go crazy without AC. You are a trooper. The movies are always a good place to cool off :)

Joyce-Anne said...

I'm sorry you're going through weather that you usually aren't used to. At least, not used to anymore. I'm in the northeastern part of the country and get to "enjoy" (cough, cough) the heat and humidity every summer. I have to admit, however, that 81 degrees is too cold for a July day.

Michelle said...

Wow, even the stores aren't air conditioned. Funky! I would love to live somewhere I don't need a/c. I hate using it... and I hate being hot. Here's hoping tomorrow is better -- or that you have some pool plans!

Heidi said...

You're from Seattle!! I didn't know that. I'm in BC over near Vancouver. We're not too far away from each other so I can relate. It is so, so hot!! It was well into the 90s yesterday. I can't take it!