Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Slugs are a big problem in gardens around Seattle. Every year we have to put down slug killer to try and save our plants. Last year we lost many strawberries and tomatoes to the slimy slugs.

My kids found the first few slugs of spring yesterday. My 5 year old said, "Mom, we need to use the slug killer so they don't get into the strawberries."

"Yes, we do." I agreed.

My 5 year old thought for a moment and then said, "Maybe we can do that on Mother's Day."

Yup, just what I was hoping we could do to celebrate Mother's Day...

Hope you have slug-free plans this Mother's Day!

7 comments:

bernthis said...

My kid would want to bring it inside and keep it as a pet

Elizabeth said...

My daughter loves slugs...
and any manner of critter.
She and her little brother were collecting
pill bugs this morning :)
But I can assure you we will NOT be killing slugs on Mother's Day!

PAX.

Wayne said...

Here in englnd we have alot of slugs too

Angela said...

Slugs on Mother's Day!! At least you don't have to eat them for breakfast...

Maude Lynn said...

Awww! Happy Slug Killing Mother's Day!

girlytwins said...

Haha. Sounds slugtastic :)

My hubby wanted to know if I wanted to weed the flower bed on Mother's day. I just laughed. thankfully he caught on quick.

Michelle said...

Love it :) Does massive doses of salt work, or does it have to be slug killer? Knock on wood, we don't have that issue so badly here.