Friday, March 13, 2009

Not Me

Some bloggers have "Not Me" Mondays. Today, I'm doing a "Not Me" Friday.

I didn't forget the tooth fairy last night. My son didn't lose a tooth at school yesterday, put it under his pillow at night and then wake up to find the tooth still there. That would never happen in my house.

I didn't send my 5 year old to preschool this week even though he had a bad cough and runny nose. I didn't give him some cough medicine in the morning and then wait for my cell phone to ring when it wore off.

I didn't go to my bank's website several times a day to check if my tax return was there yet even though they said it would take a week.

I didn't write in my blog while sitting cross-legged on the chair so that my foot was asleep. After my foot was completely asleep and my blog entry was done, I didn't stand up only to fall on my face and bruise my chin. And my husband didn't laugh at me.

I didn't encourage my 5 year old to play video games so that I could get some things done around the house.

I didn't vacuum around a pile of coats on the dining room floor.

Yup, those are all things that I would never do.

10 comments:

imbeingheldhostage said...

Hilarious things you haven't done!! And just so you feel better, I've not forgotten the tooth fairy about 4 times now... (I say, "Really? Wow, maybe she couldn't find it, let's try again tonight" and slink out of the room).

Elizabeth said...

Ah, the "busy Toothfairy"....been there too many times to count!
Love the "vacuum around" not me!
Pax, E

Momisodes said...

LOL! You poor thing. I hope your spill isn't still hurting. I am definitely NOT guilty of that last one you listed about the video games. Nuh-uh. Not me. Never :)

Killlashandra said...

That's pretty good for the not me on Friday rather than Monday. Sounds like it's been one of those weeks. Although I can totally relate to vacuuming around the pile of clothing and just continuing forward. ;)

Maude Lynn said...

This is too funny! I've done that falling on my face thing, too. And, yes, my husband laughed.

bernthis said...

Okay, I confess. that one about calling you when the cold medicine wore off? Fucking hilarious as I have done it to.

Elle said...

Okay - the tooth fairy has some serious issues in this house, she has to write notes saying how she missed the memo .....etc. etc.
now my kids are old enough that they know the tooth fairy is alot like me - absent minded at times. cute cute post

Fire Hunt said...

LOL, Sounds like it's been one of those weeks!

Michelle said...

Love it. I'm SO not looking forward to that tooth thing - Mister Man will be ok, but Little Miss wakes up the second ANYone comes anywhere near her bedroom. We're in trouble. Maybe the tooth fairy visits outside the door for us?

girlytwins said...

OMGosh. I did that falling down at work once because my foot fell asleep. Didn't live that down for a long time :)

Haha about sending your kid to school on cough syrup. Sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do. LOL