Saturday, December 5, 2009

Say That Again

Last night I went to a Pampered Chef party. One of my neighbors was there. She has a 10 year old daughter. My neighbor told me the funniest story about her daughter and I thought you might enjoy it.

On Thanksgiving my neighbor was getting the dinner started. It was early in the morning and her daughter saw the turkey getting ready for the oven. The daughter cried, "Mom, you're not cooking a turkey, are you?"

My neighbor looked kind of confused at her daughter and said, "It's Thanksgiving. Of course I'm cooking a turkey."

The daughter looked down and was very sad. Then she said, "But mom, I wanted to become a virgin!"

After pausing for a minute my neighbor said, "You mean a vegetarian, honey."

10 comments:

Karen said...

That's too funny. Thanks for sharing that story.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh My Goodness... Kids say the craziest things, don't they????

Hugs,
Betsy

ExtraO said...

HAHA! Brilliant.

Snaggle Tooth said...

lol! Thanks so much for the laugh! Very funny-

and
ALERT! You have won yet another blog Award over on ExitStageRight for your fine work! go check it out-

TALON said...

lol! That is so funny!

Lynn said...

That is very cute. Interesting how so many little ones want to be vegetarians.

LuAnne Lizotte said...

I am interested in where she heard "virgin" Olive oil perhaps? That was one of the funniest stories I have heard in awhile. Thanks, Cookie.

LL Cool Joe said...

Ha ha that made me laugh. Kids just say the cutest things!

Mommy, I'm Home said...

Oh my! I just spewed tea all over the place after reading that one. Very funny.

Joyce-Anne said...

Giggle Very cute.