Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What a Day!

Today has been a busy day. This morning I worked in the library at my son's school for an hour. Then I worked in my son's classroom for 2 hours. I went straight from there (with a quick stop at a grocery store) to meet my husband for lunch at a bagel deli we have both been anxious to try. Then I picked up my 4 year from preschool and stopped by another grocery store on the way home. When I got home, I had things to put away, phone calls to return, and I could feel a headache coming on. I had only 20 minutes before it was time to go down to the bus stop and pick up my 6 year old.

We walked home from the bus stop, chatted with the neighbors and immediately did the first grade homework. The boy next door played with my kids for about 45 minutes before it was time to get ready for the 400 meter "Pumpkin" race. There were about 80 first grade boys in the race this year. My son came in 6th place! I am very proud of him. But they only get prizes (the prize is a pumpkin) for 1st-5th place. 6th place gets a ribbon just like all of the other participants. I'm even more proud that he didn't cry or throw a fuss because he didn't get to take home a pumpkin. He was so happy to go and run in the race. His cub scout friends were there, boys from his school, boys from his soccer team, and boys from his old T-ball team. It was like a huge reunion of first grade boys! One of his friends (in his class and on his soccer team) came in second place. Another soccer teammate came in 3rd place and one more soccer teammate came in 10th place. That certainly makes for one fast soccer team! Of course, that doesn't say anything about their aim ;)

You would think the race would be the end of my day, but no. We had to stop by one more grocery store and then go to the end of the season soccer party for dinner. It was at a pizza restaurant. I made word searches for the kids to do. I found this great website that let's you type in words and decide how big to make the puzzle. So I put in the names of all of the players, the coach, other soccer related and team related words. It was a big hit at the party.

I just finished putting the kids to bed and now I'm exhausted! Luckily tomorrow isn't going to be quite as busy. I plan to go for a walk and jog in the morning after my 6 year old gets on the bus. Then just some cleaning and errands, maybe even shop for curtains! Pick up my preschooler at 1:30 and my 6 year old at 3:15. At 4:30 we have a cub scouts field trip to the library and at 7:00 is my dance class. So sometime in the afternoon I'll have to make something for dinner.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm out of breath just reading that. Hopefully you can carve some "you" time out (and the walk/jog doesn't count!) soon. Good luck with it all and HUGE kudos for no crying on the pumpkin. I know exactly what would happen in Mister Man's case (not that he'd be fast enough for 6th place anyway)....

Cathy said...

Yay for your son! I hate days that are that busy--I get too exhausted from it. But at least everything went really well. :)

Unknown said...

wow, what a day! Days like that wear me out!

Mia Celeste said...

Wow, you are super busy! Hope you'll get a break this weekend. Happy Halloween.