Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Busy Day

Today was a busy day with the usual chores and errands. I paid some bills, did laundry, did the dishes, mowed the lawn etc. Then after lunch I went to the craft store to look for some Halloween ideas. I stopped at the mailbox on the way home and picked my kids up at the bus stop. The busy day didn't end there. Then it was time to get homework done and then a neighborhood kid came over to play. Tonight my 6 year old had soccer practice. My friend has a son on the same team and we alternate weeks to take the boys to practice. Tonight was my turn to drive.

I pulled into their driveway and said "Hi" to my friend. Then I opened the car door to help her son hop into the backseat. I saw a small postcard on the ground. I picked it up. It was a reminder from my OBGYN that I need to schedule an appointment.

Classy, I know.

I'm very glad that it was my friend who was in the driveway with me and not her husband! I was so embarrassed. So I'm no longer going to be able to put the mail on the seat in the car again. Ever.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Just as long as you schedule that appointment - so important! Just glad you found it. :)

Michelle said...

Eh, c'mon - the husband is a guy. He'd never notice the mail on the ground, let alone what it says. ;) So did you schedule your appointment yet?

girlytwins said...

Seriously, he wouldn't have even noticed, it was right out in the front. It would have had to of been way in the back behind the mustard LOL. At least in my house.

LuAnne Lizotte said...

We miss the smiles the little stories of your family bring to us. Take a minute and let us know all is well!

LuAnne Lizotte said...

Hey girl, we miss you and stories of your boys and you. Please be well.